Royal Overseas League - Alexandra Hall
With so many talented musicians trying to build sustainable careers, but limited performance and recording opportunities available, are you doing enough to stand out from the crowd?
Join Jess Gillam (saxophonist), Ashutosh Khandekar (Editor-in-Chief, Opera Now) Ben Rayfield (Managing Director, Rayfield Allied) and Tamsin Waley-Cohen (violinist) and Alasdair Tait (Chief Executive, YCAT) in a panel discussion and Q&A, followed by networking drinks.
Thursday 25 October at 2pm, at the Royal Overseas League in London
Topics covered will include:
– Advice for standing out in the more ‘crowded markets’ as a pianist, violinist or singer
– Advice for building a career with a less common solo instrument
– How important is online presence / networking / choice of repertoire?
– Is it enough to just be good at your instrument?
– How to approach promoters, journalists and venues in ways that will grab their interest
– How to use social media effectively
Contact us if you would like to submit questions in advance, and to let us know what panel topics you want us to feature this season.